Entrepreneurship for Biomedical Engineering
To find books on a particular topic, search in our online catalog using 'Advanced Keyword Searching 'feature and using appropriate keyword representing that topic.
Electronic Books Click on the links below to access electronic books (Access only to Drexel faculty and students)
NOTE: Search for any relevant topics related to Project Management for the course.
- Knovel: Engineering & Scientific Online References
- Click on Articles & More Tab in the Library Home page
- For example, type ‘Project Management’ and click on Search Library link.
- Refine your search results by selecting an option from the left column. For example, select ‘ebook’ option. You will see a listing with links to electronic books.
- Try Summon for quick search. For more in depth search, explore the resources below.
Key Engineering Electronic Databases
Key Business and Entrepreneurship Databases
Use the following databases to find articles related to project management:
- Factiva Global news and business information service, international business, company/industry research
- Faulkner's Advisory for IT Studies
United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
The USPTO offers web access to bibliographic and full-text patent databases. These databases provide full-text of patents from 1976 to the present and full page images from 1790 to the present.
PATENTSCOPE: Using PATENTSCOPE you can search 36 million patent documents including 2.2 million published international patent applications (PCT).
Provides access to the latest published US patent applications each week BEFORE the USPTO decision to
Given a patent number, pat2pdf.org will return a free, pdf formated version of the patent.
The Google Patent Search covers the entire collection of patents made available by the USPTO—from patents issued in the 1790s to present.
WIPO GOLD is a free public resource which provides a one-stop gateway to WIPO’s global collections of searchable IP data. It aims to facilitate universal access to IP information.
- Business Articles
- North American Industry Classification System Need to Identify a NAICS or SIC Code?
To search for NAICS codes for medical device companies, use 'medical apparatus' as keywords.
Another way to find SIC or NAICS codes is to search Hoovers Online for the name of a company which you know is the kind of service or product you are interested in. You can also try searching the US Census Bureau's NAICS Webpage.
- Medical Devices, Intellectual Property and Patents
- Researching a Company
- Researching a Market
- Researching an Industry