Faculty Portfolios upgrade
Following a system upgrade in the fall of 2015 the Faculty Portfolios system is available again for faculty use. Start at Drexel Faculty Portfolios which will connect and authenticate via DrexelConnect, or choose the Faculty Portfolios quick link from the Faculty page in DrexelOne.
Faculty who had established profiles in the old system will find that their data has been migrated to the new system. The new system allows for greater granularity and we encourage you to review your migrated data and make additions and corrections as you’d like.
Faculty joining the Faculty Portfolios system for the first time will find that their Drexel appointment history along with the last five years of teaching activity has been pre-loaded.
Faculty Portfolios runs a daily search of the Web of Science citation databases looking for newly released publications. The search string has been pre-populated in each faculty members’ profile and faculty will receive an email notification when a new publication has been discovered.
About faculty portfolios
Drexel University has partnered with Thomson Reuters to design and implement Faculty Portfolios, an evolving and centralized database of information about Drexel faculty's academic achievements. Data will include such information as scholarly and creative works, civic engagement activities, teaching, and research funding. Librarians, with expertise in the scholarship of specific disciplines, will assist and train faculty and administrators in contributing data to the centralized database and creating customized reports. With sponsorship from the Provost's Office, an implementation team is working closely with faculty and staff to configure the system for use at Drexel.
Assistance from the Libraries is available. After installing an initial portfolio the faculty member may update information anytime, and the portfolio will be maintained centrally. For more information, contact Beth Ten Have.
Benefits of Faculty Portfolios
- Speeds generation of your CV and biosketches for a variety of needs, such as: annual activity reporting, PAR, tenure and promotion materials and grant applications.
- Creates a single authoritative directory for internal networking to meet inter-disciplinary needs.
- Provides a single point of data gathering about institution-wide initiatives (such as co-publishing with faculty & advisees).
- Simplifies sharing of information about publications and other accomplishments.
- Integrates your course information from Banner.
- Enables high level summaries across Drexel and comparisons to other institutions.