Masters Thesis Binding
Note: These instructions are for Master's Theses and non-PhD/EdD Doctoral Dissertations only. Please select the PhD Dissertation page for more information about PhD and EdD Dissertations.
Write and defend your thesis according to standards set forth in the Thesis Manual.
Bring the following to the Circulation Desk of the library of your choice:
- One copy printed single-sided on 100% cotton paper (any weight) for the University Archives
- One electronic copy in PDF format for Drexel's open access repository, iDEA, OR one additional print copy for the Library on your choice of paper for the library's circulating collection. Please submit your electronic copy to email@example.com prior to bringing your print copy or copies to the library.
- Optional copy or copies on your choice of paper for your advisor/department (ask your department/advisor if they require a print copy)
- Optional personal copy or copies on your choice of paper
- Payment of $20 per print copy
- Completed Graduate College Forms, scroll to “Graduation Forms” section to download copy of:
- Completion Form. Library staff will provide the required signature when you’ve met the Library’s thesis-submission requirements
- Thesis Approval Form with required signatures
ProQuest (Optional for Masters Theses and non-PhD/EdD Doctoral Dissertations):
You may publish an electronic copy of your thesis in the ProQuest Dissertations & Theses database by visiting http://www.etdadmin.com/drexel, creating an account, and following the instructions to upload your document. The ProQuest Dissertations & Theses database is accessible through institutions that subscribe to it. There is no fee to publish with ProQuest.
Theses submitted to ProQuest will also be archived in Drexel's digtial repository, iDEA, which is freely accessible online. If you need to delay the release of your dissertation in the ProQuest database and iDEA because you plan to patent, publish or go to business with your research you will need your advisor’s permission. Have your advisor send an email approving a one-year delay (embargo) to firstname.lastname@example.org. At the end of the embargo period, your thesis or dissertation will become publicly accessible on iDEA unless you request an extension of the embargo by emailing email@example.com. To extend an embargo on the ProQuest database, contact ProQuest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visa, MasterCard, or Discover is the preferred payment method.
- Cashier's check, certified check or money order made payable to Drexel University is also accepted.
- Cash and Personal checks are not accepted.
Drop-In Submission location and hours:
- W.W. Hagerty Library Circulation Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM
- Hahnemann Library Circulation Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM
Submission outside these hours is by appointment only.
Questions? Consult our FAQ page or contact a member of our thesis/dissertation binding staff.