Master's and Professional Doctorates Thesis and Dissertation Submission
Note: These instructions are for Master's Theses and non-PhD/EdD Doctoral Dissertations only (including DrPH, DrNP, DPT, and DHsc.). Please select the PhD Dissertation page for more information about PhD and EdD Dissertations.
Write and defend your thesis according to standards set forth in the Thesis Manual.
Bring the following to the Circulation Desk of the library of your choice:
- One copy printed single-sided on 100% cotton paper (any weight) for the University Archives
- One additional copy of your thesis either in PDF format (mailed to email@example.com before you come to the library) OR an additional print copy for the library’s circulating collection.
- Note: If you wish to delay publication of your thesis in iDEA because you plan to patent, publish or go into business with your research, you still must submit the document/s now. Your advisor must approve your delay request in writing (sent to firstname.lastname@example.org). The delay will be for one year, and then can be extended as necessary, once per year, with permission from your advisor.
- Optional copy or copies on your choice of paper for your advisor/department (ask your department/advisor if they require a print copy)
- Optional personal copy or copies on your choice of paper
- Payment of $20 per print copy
- Completed Graduate College Forms, scroll to “Graduation Forms” section to download copy of:
- Completion Form. Library staff will provide the required signature when you’ve met the Library’s thesis-submission requirements
- Thesis Approval Form with required signatures
ProQuest (Optional for Master's Theses and non-PhD/EdD Doctoral Dissertations):
You may choose to publish your thesis in the ProQuest Dissertations & Theses database by visiting http://www.etdadmin.com/drexel, creating an account, and following the instructions to upload your document. The ProQuest Dissertations & Theses database is accessible through institutions that subscribe to it. There is no fee to publish with ProQuest.
If you need to delay release of your thesis or dissertation in ProQuest because you plan to patent, publish or go into business with your research, you must choose this option during Proquest submission, and contact Proquest directly (email@example.com) if you wish to extend the embargo later on.
- Visa, MasterCard, or Discover is the preferred payment method.
- Cashier's check, certified check or money order made payable to Drexel University is also accepted.
- Cash and Personal checks are not accepted.
Drop-In Submission location and hours:
- W.W. Hagerty Library Circulation Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM
- Hahnemann Library Circulation Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM
Submission outside these hours is by appointment only.
Questions? Consult our FAQ page or contact a member of our thesis/dissertation binding staff.
Contacts for Thesis and Dissertation Binding
Phone: 215.895.6788 or 215.895.6845