Money Smart Week @ Your Library - April 5 - 12, 2014
What does it mean to be smart with your money? Learn more about how you can better manage your own personal finances through the activities and resources of Money Smart Week kicks off on Saturday, April 5 and runs through Saturday, April 12. Let us know how you are money smart through Twitter [@DULibraries] or Facebook.
Visit some of the links below to learn how to better manage your money:
- 8 Financial Tips for College Students to Save and Manage Money Better
- Get smart with your money – check out the resources of the Money Smart Week website.
- Financial Literacy Session: Saving for College hosted by the Office of University Wellness on Wednesday, April 16th from 12 - 1 p.m. RSVP is required to attend.
- Resources from the Libraries’ Collection
- Personal Finance for Dummies
- Credit scores, credit cards: how consumer finance works : how to avoid mistakes and how to manage your accounts well
- The Forbes/CFA Institute investment course [electronic resource] : timeless principles for building wealth
- Perfect phrases for negotiating salary and job offers : hundreds of ready-to-use phrases to help you get the best possible salary, perks, or promotion
Money Smart Week® is a public awareness campaign designed to help consumers better manage their personal finances. This is achieved through the collaboration and coordinated effort of hundreds of organizations across the country including businesses, financial institutions, schools, libraries, not-for-profits, government agencies and the media. These groups come together once a year to stress the importance of financial literacy, inform consumers about where they can get help and provide free educational seminars and activities throughout the week. Programming is offered to all demographics and income levels and covers all facets of personal finance from establishing a budget to first time home buying to estate planning. The effort was created by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in 2002. Partnering Organizations will host their events April 5 - 12, 2014.
[Description from the Money Smart Week website]