New Database: Statista
The Libraries is proud to announce the addition of the Statista database to our collection of resources. Statista offers statistical information and data in a tremendous variety of subjects – providing access to data from governmental agencies as well as business organizations, market research firms, and opinion research institutions.
Easy to navigate menus and excellent search features will help you get to the information you need. Statistics can be downloaded into Excel, PowerPoint, or in .jpg format.
Here are just a few examples of information available:
For Business and Entrepreneurship:
- Funds spent for Business R&D Performed in the U.S.
- Change in Employment due to Establishment Deaths
For Public Heath
- Number of confirmed Ebola cases in West African countries by gender
- Deaths by suicide across age groups in the U.S. in 2012 and 2013
For Media Studies
- Number of pay TV subscribers worldwide in 2012 and 2013
- Number of illegal downloads of Netflix’s original series from July 2013 to June 2014
For more information about Satista or any of the Libraries services, please contact your liaison librarian.