PhD Dissertation Binding
Note: These instructions are for Ph.D and Ed.D. Doctoral Dissertations only. Please select the Masters Thesis page for more information about Master's Theses and non-PhD/EdD Doctoral Dissertations.
Write and defend your PhD or EdD dissertation according to standards set forth in the Thesis Manual.
Submit your electronic copy online:
- Go to http://www.etdadmin.com/drexel and click "submit" to create an account. Follow the steps to upload your document. [This will take approximately 20 - 30 min]
- Submit your dissertation to ProQuest after reviewing the recommendations below:
- You have the option to pay ProQuest to register your copyright for you. Click here for additional information about copyright from the US Copyright Office.
- ProQuest can print additional copies for you but it may be cheaper to have additional copies of your dissertation bound through the Libraries.
- Dissertations submitted to ProQuest will also be archived in Drexel's open access repository, iDEA. If you need to delay the release of your dissertation in the ProQuest database and iDEA because you plan to patent, publish or go to business with your research you will need your advisor’s permission. Have your advisor send an email approving a one-year delay to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bring the following to the Circulation Desk of the library of your choice:
- Printout of the email confirming that you have submitted your dissertation to ProQuest.
- One copy printed single-sided on 100% cotton paper (any weight) for the University Archives
- One copy printed single-sided on your choice of paper for your department/advisor, if required
- Optional personal copy or copies on your choice of paper
- Payment of $20 per bound copy
- Office of Graduate Studies Completion Form with required signatures
- Completed Thesis Approval Form (T1) with required signatures
- Visa, MasterCard, or Discover is the preferred payment method.
- Cashier's check, certified check or money order made payable to Drexel University is also accepted.
- Cash and Personal checks are not accepted.
Drop-In Submission location and hours:
- W.W. Hagerty Library Circulation Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM
- Hahnemann Library Circulation Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM
Submission outside these hours is by appointment only.
Questions? Consult our FAQ page or contact a member of our thesis/dissertation binding staff.