PhD and EdD Dissertation Submission
Note: These instructions are for PhD and EdD Doctoral Dissertations only. Please select the Master's Thesis page for more information about Master's Theses and non-PhD/EdD Doctoral Dissertations.
Write and defend your PhD or EdD dissertation according to standards set forth in the Thesis Manual.
Submit your electronic copy online:
- Go to http://www.etdadmin.com/drexel and click "submit" to create an account. Follow the steps to upload your document. [This will take approximately 20 - 30 min]
- Submit your dissertation to ProQuest after reviewing the recommendations below:
- You have the option to pay ProQuest to register your copyright for you. Click here for additional information about copyright from the US Copyright Office.
- ProQuest can print additional copies for you, or you may choose to have additional copies of your dissertation bound through the Libraries.
- Dissertations submitted to ProQuest will also be archived in Drexel's digital repository, iDEA, which is freely accessible online. If you need to delay the release of your dissertation in the ProQuest database and iDEA because you plan to patent, publish or go to business with your research you will need your advisor’s permission. Have your advisor send an email approving a one-year delay (embargo) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify the length of your delayed release when you submit to ProQuest. At the end of the embargo period, your dissertation will become publicly accessible on iDEA unless you request an extension by emailing email@example.com. To extend an embargo on the ProQuest database, contact ProQuest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bring the following to the Circulation Desk of the library of your choice:
- Printout of the email confirming that you have submitted your dissertation to ProQuest.
- One copy printed single-sided on 100% cotton paper (any weight) for the University Archives
- Optional copy or copies on your choice of paper for your department/advisor (ask your department/advisor if they require a print copy)
- Optional personal copy or copies on your choice of paper
- Payment of $20 per bound copy
- Completed Graduate College Forms, scroll to “Graduation Forms” section to download copy of:
- Completion Form. Library staff will provide the required signature when you’ve met the Library’s thesis-submission requirements
- Thesis Approval Form with required signatures
- Visa, MasterCard, or Discover is the preferred payment method.
- Cashier's check, certified check or money order made payable to Drexel University is also accepted.
- Cash and Personal checks are not accepted.
Drop-In Submission location and hours:
- W.W. Hagerty Library Circulation Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM
- Hahnemann Library Circulation Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM
Submission outside these hours is by appointment only.
Questions? Consult our FAQ page or contact a member of our thesis/dissertation binding staff.
Contacts for Thesis and Dissertation Binding
Phone: 215.895.6788 or 215.895.6845