Proquest Dissertations and Theses Full Text
This database is the world’s most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1743 to the present day and offering full text for graduate works added since 1997, along with selected full text for works written prior to 1997. Some quick tips for getting started.
1. Starting from the front page of the Library http://www.library.drexel.edu/
2. Select the “Databases” folder tab.
3. See the alphabetic index of database names and choose “P”
4. On the new page that opens scroll down to the title: Proquest Dissertations and Theses Full Text Upon entering the database interface, look above and to the right of the main search box for the Advanced search
On the Advanced search page, study options to narrow your search to authors from specific University/institution, or Look up key index terms in the Proquest thesaurus. SAMPLE SEARCH: > University/institution: Drexel University AND > Subject heading: education
5. Filtering the results of your search is a powerful and quick way to narrow what you have retrieved. Look on the right hand side of the screen for the option “Narrow results by” then click on the “+” for each filtering category to see how your search results are grouped.
Click on any single grouping within that category to see only those results.
6. Want to try "power searching"? Starting from the advanced search page, see the "look-up" links to the right of each advanced search field. These can help the precision of your search terms by pulling from an authoritative set of indexing (or thesaurus) terms.
For example, using the Subjects or Index terms (keywords) categories (see the following examples.) This can help when you are seeking authors with hard-to-spell last names.
Note how there are many more precise keyword index terms related to leadership than there are subjects.