Thesis and Dissertation Submission
These instructions are for formal theses and dissertations only. Please select the Masters and Doctoral Project page for other graduate projects, such as DNP Projects and Community Based Masters Projects.
Write and defend your thesis or dissertation according to standards set forth in the Thesis Manual [PDF].
Submit Your Electronic Copy Online
- Go to http://www.etdadmin.com/drexel and click 'submit' to create an account. Follow the steps to upload your document. This will take approximately 20–30 minutes. Please note that a scanned copy of the signed Thesis/Dissertation Approval Form and Signature Page must be included as Page 1 of the thesis/dissertation PDF.
- Submit your dissertation to ProQuest after reviewing the recommendations below:
- You have the option to pay ProQuest to register your copyright for you. (This is not required.) Click here for additional information about copyright from the U.S. Copyright Office.
- You have the option to purchase copies from ProQuest (this is not required), or you may order copies for yourself via other third party binding services as listed in the FAQ page. The Libraries does not provide printing or binding services.
- Theses and dissertations submitted to ProQuest will also be archived in Drexel's digital repository, iDEA, where they will be made freely accessible online.
- If you plan to patent, publish or go into business with your research, you have the option to delay the public release of your dissertation or thesis by placing a temporary embargo on it. At the end of the embargo period, your dissertation or thesis will become publicly accessible unless you request an extension. You must submit your electronic copy to ProQuest in the term you plan to graduate, even if you plan to delay its release.
- An embargo in the ProQuest database must be requested as part of the online submission process. Please specify the length of your delayed release when you submit to ProQuest. To extend an embargo on the ProQuest database, contact ProQuest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An embargo in iDEA must be requested by your advisor, by sending an email to email@example.com. The length of the embargo (6 months, 1 year or 2 years) must be specified. You may request an extension by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contacts for Thesis and Dissertation Submission
Phone: 215.895.6845 or 215.895.2766
See the Libraries’ Theses, Dissertations and Projects web page.
Each program may have additional requirements or preferences. For more information, please contact your advisor or department staff.