Thesis and Dissertation Submission
These instructions are for formal theses and dissertations only. Please select the Masters and Doctoral Project page for other graduate projects, such as DNP Projects and Community Based Masters Projects.
Write and defend your thesis or dissertation according to standards set forth in the Thesis Manual [PDF].
Submit your electronic copy online
- Go to http://www.etdadmin.com/drexel and click 'submit' to create an account. Follow the steps to upload your document. [This will take approximately 20 - 30 min]
- Submit your dissertation to ProQuest after reviewing the recommendations below:
- You have the option to pay ProQuest to register your copyright for you (this is not required). Click here for additional information about copyright from the US Copyright Office.
- You have the option to purchase additional copies from ProQuest (this is not required), or you may order copies for yourself via other third party binding services as listed in the FAQ page. The Libraries does not provide binding services for personal or advisor/departmental copies.
- Theses and dissertations submitted to ProQuest will also be archived in Drexel's digital repository, iDEA, where they will be made freely accessible online. If you need to delay the release of your dissertation in the ProQuest database and iDEA because you plan to patent, publish or go into business with your research you will need your advisor's permission. Have your advisor sign to approve an embargo on the Graduate College Completion Form. You must submit your electronic copy to ProQuest in the term you plan to graduate, even if you plan to delay its release; please specify the length of your delayed release when you submit to ProQuest. At the end of the embargo period, your dissertation will become publicly accessible on iDEA unless you request an extension by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. To extend an embargo on the ProQuest database, contact ProQuest at email@example.com.
Bring the following to the Library Assistance Desk at any Drexel Library location:
- Printout of the email confirming that you have submitted your dissertation to ProQuest
- One unbound copy of your thesis/dissertation, printed single-sided on 100% cotton paper or 25% cotton paper that is acid free and lignin free (any weight) for the University Archives
- Completed Graduate College Forms, scroll to 'Graduation Forms' section to download copy of:
- Completion Form. Library staff will provide the required signature when you've met the Library's thesis-submission requirements
- Thesis Approval Form with required signatures
Drop-In Submission location and hours:
- W.W. Hagerty Library Circulation Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM
- Hahnemann Library Circulation Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM
Submission outside these hours is by appointment only.
Questions? Consult our FAQ page or contact a member of our thesis/dissertation binding staff.
Contacts for Thesis and Dissertation Submission
Phone: 215.895.6788 or 215.895.6845