New Dell Laptops Now Available via Lending Kiosk
March 28, 2022
The Drexel Libraries recently added 12 new Dell laptops to the lending kiosk located in Dragons’ Learning Den in the W. W. Hagerty Library. These new laptops replace the now outdated MacBook Pro computers that were previously available to borrow through the kiosk.
Originally launched in 2013, the self-service kiosk has enabled the Libraries to provide expanded access to laptops outside regular service hours, as well as faster and more convenient service. Laptops, as well as portable power chargers, are available to borrow any time the Dragons’ Learning Den is open (generally 24/7 during the term).
Drexel students, faculty and staff, may check out laptops for five hours at a time. The kiosks act as a charging station, and laptop batteries are charged while in the kiosk. All personal information will be removed from laptops each night while the devices charge in the kiosks.
What you need to know:
- All you need to check out a laptop is a valid Dragon Card and University ID number. Simply swipe your ID at the kiosk to get started.
- Laptops have a maximum checkout of 5 hours.
- Students may not leave the W. W. Hagerty Library with a kiosk laptop.
- Laptops are available on a first come, first serve basis. No holds, reservations, or renewals are permitted.
- All personal data and information is wiped clean from laptops each night.