Drexel University Libraries' Loansome Doc is a document delivery service available for PubMed users. We will deliver articles available in-house, and if requested, can obtain the rest via interlibrary loan.
We offer this service to both affiliated users (Drexel University alumni) and unaffiliated users who aren't affiliated with any university or hospital library. Drexel University Libraries may terminate the eligibility of individuals who do not pay for materials received, or who are not satisfied with the library's service standards.
$20.00* per article for
- Direct health care providers (doctors, nurses, allied health professionals)
- Alumni of Drexel University
*$20.00 surcharge per article for RUSH
$40.00* per article for
*$40.00 surcharge per article for RUSH
Invoices are sent monthly. Accepted methods of payment are by check or by credit card.
Turn-around Times/Delivery Methods
Please allow three workdays for in-house articles. Allow four to thirty days for articles obtained via interlibrary loan. Articles are posted to your ILLiad account in PDF format. You will be notified via email when articles are ready for download (a direct link to your article is provided in the email).
Rush Service: Please contact us before you submit your articles if you need rush service.
Registration is a multi-step process.
- Contact us via email at email@example.com to indicate that you wish to use our Loansome Doc service and that you agree to our terms.
- With the information you provide, we will then create an account for you in ILLiad. Once this has been created, we will send you a notification email.
- Once you receive that email, you may then start requesting articles in PubMed.