Libraries Fellows Program
Drexel Libraries Invites Applications for the 2019 Libraries Fellows
The Drexel Libraries is accepting submissions for its 2019 Libraries Fellows. Selected fellows will once again participate in development of the Libraries’ support services for ensuring access to authoritative information with a focus on managing Drexel-generated research output and lowering student costs to access course readings. Drexel University faculty members and enrolled graduate students are eligible to apply, as noted below.
The following three projects are available for Winter/Spring 2019:
- Adopt Open Textbooks: Lower students’ expenditures for required course readings by adopting, advocating, or guiding Drexel faculty to adopt open textbooks and/or to utilize information resources licensed by the Libraries in lieu of traditional textbooks. [For currently enrolled Drexel faculty]
- Influence Development of Esploro, a Research Output Management Platform: Participate in the Esploro Early Adopter Program to identify, improve, and field test a prototype research services platform designed to support preparation and implementation of a strong Data Management Plan (DMP). Working with a handful of other international research institutions, Drexel is under contract with ExLibris to provide feedback on the Esploro prototype and help influence improvements before product release in fall 2019. [For Drexel faculty, graduate students, or staff research team members involved with producing research data and publication outputs]
- Strengthen DUL staff communication skills: The Libraries seeks writing skills training to strengthen staff work to inspire and inform the Drexel community of innovations and opportunities involving access and use of scholarly publications. [For Drexel teaching faculty or staff]
Additional details about the opportunities each of these areas offer are available online.
2019 Libraries Fellows Description
Expressions of interest should be submitted to email@example.com as no more than a 2-page (about 800 words) PDF document. Submissions are currently being reviewed, and we will continue to consider applicants on a rolling basis.
Expressions of interest should include:
- Identification of which of the three projects is of most interest
- Description of the work the candidate proposes to contribute
- Elements of a resume that illustrate the candidate’s knowledge or qualifications to conduct the work
- A message or letter from the applicant’s Department Head or Dean that indicates their support of the applicant’s candidacy
Arrangements for participation as a Libraries Fellow may include either release time from academic responsibilities or hourly employment. Compensation will be offered for work done as hourly pay to the faculty member or graduate student; release time will be negotiated for staff members with compensation to the department.
The Libraries Dean and Directors will review all applications. Applications will be evaluated based on overall fit with current needs and the overall strength of the application. Appointments will begin after January 1, 2019 and will vary in duration by project.
Please send all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drexel Libraries Faculty Fellows Program Updates
Office of the Dean of Libraries - Updated December 21, 2018. Contact email@example.com for more information