Remote Libraries Resources & Services for Drexel Students (updated April 2, 2020)
The Drexel University Libraries continues to provide remote services and resources to support Drexel graduate students during the current public health crisis. Below please find a list of some of the key remote services that might be particularly helpful for remote learning. Visit the Libraries’ COVID-19 webpage for an updated list of online services and resources throughout the term.
- Remote Information Assistance: Live chat with Libraries staff; schedule a remote consultation or call or email us with questions about navigating information, conducting literature reviews, research for courses, finalizing and submitting thesis and dissertations, and other library-related questions.
- Access to Online Resources: Discover and access the Drexel Libraries’ robust authoritative online information resources, including databases, journals, books and more, from anywhere, any time.
- Interlibrary Loan Services: You may continue to place interlibrary loan (ILL) requests via ILLiad. As a reminder, ILL services may be disrupted by suspension of services from other resource-sharing libraries.
- Borrowing & Returns: We have extended all loan periods for physical materials to June 11, 2020.
- Electronic Course Reserves: Online course reserves are available and accessible via your Blackboard Learn course shell.
Print, audiovisual materials, and equipment are available for loan at the Libraries, including core course materials on Reserve. See Borrowing Privileges to learn more.
Students may request articles and books from other libraries by using ILLiad or EZ Borrow. Graduate students may also take advantage of direct borrowing privileges to borrow items from neighboring libraries.
Students may request online delivery of physical journal articles and book chapters owned by DUL. Requests should be placed via ILLiad (Connect to ILLiad)
Drexel Libraries provides services to Drexel's online learning community equivalent to those available on the physical campuses.
To request print material within Drexel Libraries' collection, use the Get It option in the Summon record and select Distance Education Delivery as the pick up location. See more about Borrowing Privileges.
Print materials requested from Drexel Libraries, or from other Libraries through EZ Borrow or ILLiad, will be mailed to your home address as it is listed in your Drexel University account. The Libraries covers all associated shipping and handling costs. A return envelope will be included with your items when they are shipped. We recommend shipping all items at least five days before the due date. All items, including Interlibrary Loan items, must be returned to Drexel Libraries. You are responsible for your checked out items until they are checked in at the Libraries.
You can check the due dates of your items via My Library Account (EZ Borrw and Drexel Libraries items) or ILLiad (ILLiad items). Drexel Libraries items can be renewed online (see Borrowing Privileges for more information). Renewal requests can be placed for items requested via ILLiad. Items requested via EZ Borrow cannot be renewed.