The University Archives is the official repository for all inactive Drexel University records of enduring historical value, including both paper-based records and records created, transmitted, or stored electronically. Please note that records of the College of Medicine are maintained by the College of Medicine Archives, also known as the Legacy Center.
University departments and offices are encouraged to contact the University Archives at email@example.com with questions or to schedule a consultation to discuss inactive records that may be candidates for transfer to the Archives.
Records transferred to the Archives will be organized according to archival standards, stored in a secure environment, and an inventory of their contents will be prepared. University staff and other users will be able to consult the records during the Archives’ regular hours by appointment, subject to possible restrictions for legal or policy reasons.
Examples of university records we collect include:
- Departmental and committee agendas, meeting minutes, and proceedings
- Professional correspondence, including email
- Annual reports
- Strategic plans
- Lists of staff, students, and/or faculty
- Newsletters, magazines, and other publications
- Event programs, brochures, flyers, posters, press releases, and other public relations materials
- Photographs, scrapbooks, video and audio recordings
- Syllabi and other curriculum materials
- Grant proposals
- Accreditation records (final reports and determinations)
- Building and space plans and blueprints
If you have records you would like to transfer or donate, please check with us first by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss the materials and ensure they are a good fit for the University Archives.