Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering Senior Design Resources
- Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering Research; Construction Management Research
This course guide for CIVE477 (senior Seminar) includes useful resources to assist students in finding relevant information needed for their projects and assignments.
- Buiding Laws - United States
- Geotechnical Engineering Investigation Handbook
- Soil Mechanics
- Earthquake Engineering
- Natural Disasater Hotspots
To find additional electronic books, search in our online catalog at Advanced Keyword searching using appropriate keywords related to your topic of interest. Use 'All Electronic Resources' in "Limit to' Field.
Maps and GIS data
- USGS Maps and Aerial Photo Images Online
Downloading and Formatting Earth Images (Topographic Maps and Aerial Photographs) from Terraserver for Use in Recreation, Science, Education, with Global Positioning Systems (GPS), and in Spatial Analysis with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- The Dynamic Maps, Geographic Information System (GIS) Data and Analysis Tools website provides maps, data and tools for renewable energy resources
- ESRI - Geographic Data Portals
- Premier Online Resource for GIS and Geospatial Data
- Digital GIS Data for Various States in the U.S.
- GIS Data Download Pennsylvania Spatial Data Access (PASDA)
- EPA's National Geospatial Program
- ENVIROFACTS Data Warehouse
- National Map Viewer
- USGS Water Resources: Maps and GIS Data
Useful Data Sources
- Air Now
The U.S. EPA, NOAA, NPS, tribal, state, and local agencies developed the AIRNow Web site to provide the public with easy access to national air quality information.
Envirofacts is a single point of access to select U.S. EPA environmental data. This website provides access to several EPA databases to provide you with information about environmental activities that may affect air, water, and land anywhere in the United States. With Envirofacts, you can learn more about these environmental activities in your area or you can generate maps of environmental information.
- Environmental Sustainability Index (ESI)
The ESI is a composite index tracking a diverse set of socioeconomic, environmental, and institutional indicators that characterize and influence environmental sustainability at the national scale.
- Fedstats: The gateway to statistics from over 100 U.S. Federal agencies
FedStats is the new window on the full range of official statistical information available to the public from the Federal Government. Use the Internet's powerful linking and searching capabilities to track economic and population trends, education, health care costs, aviation safety, foreign trade, energy use, farm production, and more. Access official statistics collected and published by more than 100 Federal agencies without having to know in advance which agency produces them.
- Water Quality Standards Database
This Web site provides access to several WQS reports with information about designated uses, waterbody names, state numeric water quality criteria, and EPA recommended numeric water quality criteria. Using standard reports, you can compare WQS information across the nation.
HazDat, the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry's Hazardous Substance Release/Health Effects Database, is the scientific and administrative database developed to provide access to information on the release of hazardous substances from Superfund sites or from emergency events and on the effects of hazardous substances on the health of human populations.
- The National Wetlands Inventory (NWI)
Wetlands provide a multitude of ecological, economic and social benefits. They provide habitat for fish, wildlife and a variety of plants. Wetlands are nurseries for many saltwater and freshwater fishes and shellfish of commercial and recreational importance. Wetlands are also important landscape features because they hold and slowly release flood water and snow melt, recharge groundwater, recycle nutrients, and provide recreation and wildlife viewing opportunities for millions of people.
- TOXNET provides access to various databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health, and toxic releases.