Reserve a Room
Group Study Rooms
Small rooms are available within each of the Drexel University Libraries for use by groups of students requiring conversation for group project work or studying. Because this type of work is frequently necessary for Drexel University assignments, cooperation is needed to extend the use of the rooms to as many students as possible.
- Reserve a Group Study Room in Hagerty Library
- Reserve a Group Study Room in Hahnemann Library
- Reserve a Group Study Room in Queen Lane Library
Guidelines for Use:
- Use of all group study rooms is limited to Drexel University students, faculty and staff with current validated University ID.
- Groups of 2 or more people can reserve rooms for a maximum of 3 hours.
- Users should not leave library materials in group study rooms and should not leave personal belongings unattended.
- If a study room is not booked, then the room is considered a common study area.
- Groups are expected to arrive on time, and use rooms for the period reserved. If a group does not arrive within 10 minutes of reservation time, the room may be used as a common study area.
About the Rooms:
W. W. Hagerty Library has 21 Group Study Rooms available for group use, accommodating from 4 to 12 people. All study rooms have a writing surface or wall-mounted monitor. Dry erase markers and erasers may be checked out from the Circulation Desk.
Hahnemann Library has 13 Group Study Rooms available for group use, accommodating 4-14 people. All study rooms have a writing surface.
Queen Lane Library has 5 Group Study Rooms, accommodating 4-6 people. Rooms are equipped with wall-mounted monitors and writing surfaces.
media:scape is a collaborative workspace in which users can share digital information equally on two flat screen monitors positioned at the end of the table. This allows for groups to collectively share their contributions and ideas. There are three media:scape tables; one at Hahnemann Library, one at W. W. Hagerty Library, and one at the Library Learning Terrace. The Media:Scape at the Library Learning Terrace is available on a first come, first served basis while the others may be reserved below.
- Reserve a media:scape workstation in Hagerty Library
- Reserve a media:scape workstation in Hahnemann Library
To help students better understand 3D printing and how it can be creatively applied to learning, the Libraries acquired a Makerbot 3D printer and added it to the copiers, scanners and computers available for student and faculty use. The Makerbot Replicator 1 is available for student and faculty use by appointment between Monday-Friday (10 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
The MakerBot Replicator 1 is a dual extruder 3D printer with a heated build plate. This 3D printer uses plastic build materials like Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) andPolylactic Acid (PLA). The Replicator 1 offers a layer height resolution of 0.2 mm - 0.3 mm, a positioning precision of 2.5 micron on Z axis and 11 micron on XY axis, and a maximum build envelope of 8.9 x 5.7 x 5.9 in. The Replicator 1 uses programs like MakerWare and ReplicatorG to convert .stl files into .x3g files, a format that the printer uses to build the model. 3D models in .stl format can be downloaded from Thingiverse. Alternatively, a 3D model can be created in CAD programs like SolidWorks, Rhino, or OpenSCAD and saved in .stl format.
Classrooms and other Spaces
Library Spaces are available to Drexel faculty and staff for learning activities including: instruction, collaborative meetings/discussions, independent study, brainstorming, or interdisciplinary activities. These spaces are not intended to replace offices or departmental conference rooms and include learning labs, computer classrooms and conference rooms.
Spaces vary in capacity and features. See reservation link for details.
Reservations are not final until they have been confirmed by the Libraries.
Guidelines for Use:
- Reservation requests must be submitted at least 24 business hours in advance of the reservation
- Spaces are only available for one time use, no recurring reservations will be approved
- Food is prohibited unless otherwise noted, please remove all trash prior to vacating the space
- Please put all furniture back in place when finished