Equipment for Loan
W. W. Hagerty Library and Hahnemann Library provide access to laptop computers for use within the Libraries. Laptop computers can connect to the Drexel University wireless network (DragonFly).
Additional available equipment includes: headphones, calculators, projectors, MacBook video adapters, HDMI & VGA cables, computer mice, USB thumb drives and Ethernet cords.
Laptops can be checked out at the service desk at either W. W. Hagerty Library or Hahnemann Library. Laptops can also be checked out through the lending kiosk in the Bookmark Cafe of W. W. Hagerty Library. Borrowers will be required to sign a borrowing card, but do not have to leave their Drexel ID card.
- Laptops may be checked out for up to 3 hours, for in-house use; latest possible time due each day will be fifteen minutes before closing of service desk. [Kiosk laptops can be checked out for 5 hours]
- One laptop per person.
- Laptops should never be left unattended.
- A borrower is responsible for the laptop checked out on his/her library account.
- Report any loss or damage IMMEDIATELY.
- Leaving the Library with a laptop will result in an automatic fine of $65.00.
- Keep food and drink away from laptops. There is an automatic $65 fine for having food or drinks near a library laptop.
- Bring laptops to the service desk at your location for renewal.
- Laptops dispensed from the lending kiosk cannot be renewed.
- $5.00 for each hour overdue.
- $65.00 maximum fine.
- Avoid overdue fines by returning laptop on time and intact to the Circulation Desk.
- Patrons are responsible for full replacement cost if the laptop computer or any peripherals charged out to them are lost, or the full repair cost charged by the Libraries' selected repair service if the computer or any peripherals are damaged. The maximum liability for repair or replacement is $2,000 for equivalent, new replacement equipment at current market price.
- Damage or loss charges will be applied to the student's University bill.
Drexel University Libraries and the Free Library of Philadelphia partnered to offer an iPad lending program to circulate iPads to current Drexel University students, faculty, and staff and active card holders of the Free Library of Philadelphia.
Usage Policy (all users)
- To borrow and use an iPad provided by this kiosk, I agree to abide by the following usage guidelines:
- I must have my Drexel University Dragon Card or my Free Library of Philadelphia card
I am authorized to use the iPad only within the building and under my supervision. I will return the iPad before leaving the building.
- I agree to be bound by the terms of Drexel University’s “Acceptable Use Policy” when using this equipment.
- I must return the iPad in the same working condition and good order in which I received it.
Loan Period (all users)
- I can borrow the iPad for a maximum period of four (4) hours and I must return the iPad before the building closes, even if this means I borrowed the iPad for less than four (4) hours.
Fines/Fees (Drexel University Users)
- I acknowledge that if these guidelines above are followed, use of this iPad is free. If I am late in returning the iPad, however, I will be subjected to the following fines as appropriate:
- $5.00 when the iPad is returned late, and then $5.00 per hour after, for up to 12 hours
$65.00 for leaving the building with the iPad
If I do not return the iPad within 12 hours, I will be billed for replacement cost of the iPad, plus processing fees.
- I am responsible for the iPad, replacement costs, and applicable late fees. Drexel University can, without limiting its other remedies: charge my University account for the amount due; place a hold upon my registration for classes and/or my graduation from Drexel University, restrict me from participation in this program, and withhold grades, official transcripts, evaluations, recommendations, and diplomas.
Fines/Fees (Free Library of Philadelphia Users)
- I acknowledge that if these guidelines above are followed, use of this iPad is free.
- I acknowledge that if I violate these guidelines the Free Library may share my contact information with Drexel.
- If I do not return the iPad within 12 hours, I will be billed by Drexel for replacement cost of the iPad, plus processing fees.
- I am responsible to Drexel for the iPad, replacement costs, and applicable late fees.
- I understand that my Free Library account may be blocked/barred if I do not return the iPad and/or fail to reimburse Drexel for replacement or damage charges.
Liabilities and Responsibilities (all users)
- All liabilities and responsibilities are associated with the library with which I am affiliated.
- I assume all responsibility for the safety and condition of the iPad borrowed from the Library. I will report any malfunctions and/or damages when it occurs to Drexel University Libraries at 215.895.2757 or email@example.com.
- I am responsible for the costs of repair and /or replacement of the iPad which result from theft, loss, misuse, or neglect by myself or any other persons. My maximum liability for repair or replacement is the current market value of new replacement iPad.
Because the iPad may fail, I am solely responsible for making backups of any data files I create. Drexel University and the Free Library of Philadelphia will not be held liable for losses or damage of any nature due to failure of this iPad.
Apps available on Dornsife Center iPads:
- 7 Billion
- Design Museum
- The Getty Art in L.A.
- Getty Images
- The Louvre HD
- Miniatures Flamandes
- I Tell a Story
- Voice Thread
- FeltBoard - Mother Goose on the Loose
- Letter Sounds A-Z
- Literary Skills Sampler HD
Earth Science and Astronomy
- Mars Globe
- Moon Globe
- NASA App HD
- NASA Visualization Explorer
- Cut the Rope
- Jurasic Park
- Story Lines
- Story Lines for School
- Google Earth
- Map Box Earth
- Tap Quiz Maps
- Educreations Interactive Whiteboard
- iTranslate Voice
- Job Aware
- Merriam Webster Dictionary
- U.S. Citizenship
- Stitcher Radio
- Video Star
- AP News
- BBC News
Photo and Image Editing
- Crayola LCC (Lights, Camera, Color!)
- Pic Stitch
- Pic Collage
- PS Express
- 3D CellStain
- Creatures of Light
- Greenpeace Images
- Exploriments: Weight, Mass and Force of Gravity–Effect of Altitude and Comparison across Multiple Planets
- LeafSnap HD
- Pollution App
- Science Glossary
- Smithsonian Channel